Saturday, May 7, 2011

Transmission Fluid

   I was out running errands and stopped in to Michael's work to give him a suprise lunch of barbeque chicken....while I was there He asked me to run to the Auto store and buy some transmission fluid for his car. I said "No, thanks...I dont want to go in there..."
    As I left and got into my car....I decided I WOULD go to suprise him. So in I went...waiting in line to ask what kind to buy...just then a middle aged man came in cussing and apparently very upset with someone....mentioning their name as he searched the store's floor! He went around me mentioning something about a lost screw from a boat..and how he should've never had let this person help.  Near me still..the man said- " This is the worst thing I could possibly lose"... ....Wow....I felt the Holy Spirits prodding to witness for sure whether the flesh wanted to or not!
     As I finished paying I was trying to hurry as to not miss this opportunity to get to the car and get a tract. Outside, the man was looking in the parking lot for the screw still. As I walked out the front door I said to the man..."Sir, I heard you mention you had lost something..." He came over to me as I had the car door open and getting 2 chick tracts. He explained the situation and I was able to respond by saying: " I heard you say that losing that screw was the WORST possible thing you could lose...Actually, the worst thing you could lose is your soul. Do you know the Lord Jesus Christ?"
---I handed over the gospel tracts and he mellowed out and hung his head. "I wonder if God ever hears me...he said"
"Well, I know the Lord wanted you to recieve his word today...I never come to the Auto store and secondly the Holy Spirit told me to speak with you." I said- smiling kindly. We conversed a little more...and I headed off.
As I left the parking lot I snapped a quick photo of the man still searching...it made me think of lost souls----searching....praying that they would indeed search like that...Boy, do we ever need the LORD! 
Still searching....

1 comment:

  1. Very true shell HAPPY MOTHERS DAY LOVE AND MISS YOU SHELL ITS GREAT YOU WERE ABLE TO WITNESS TO HIM !!!!

    ReplyDelete