Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Update...

     September is here! Today Josiah started 1st grade...another milestone for our little growing and busy family. We enjoyed a wonderful summer and made plenty of memories to look back upon.



Nursing Home Visits:
Lydia @6wks.old meeting her GREAT Grandma Pat Ilardo! This is her 1st Great-Grandaughter.


Yields from my GARDEN:

Fresh Basil and Tomatoes! My family loves Tomato-Basil Chicken...use a little Red Wine VINEGAR, olive oil and spices, tasted wonderful!

 

Josiah and my niece Abigail LOVE cucumbers! We planted ALOT of them.

 

The BOYS LOVE the playgrounds in our areas!

Josiah finally figured out how to use these things!

Daddy made it to the top!



WELCOME to the CORN Festival!

YiaYia and the boys enjoying the sweet homegrown corn in Eden, N.Y!

Zechariah.

Obadiah.

My hilarious Husband.

My BRAVE children in top basket....they like wild rides! I used to as a teen BUT now it makes my heart squirm, OIY!

GO Zech GO!

 
 COWGIRL/COWBOY BIRTHDAY PARTY!

My COWBOYS.

Josiah riding a pony for the 1st time. It was soooo wonderful that our friends invited us and they rented a Horse and pony for rides AND had a small petting area that included a donkey, alpaca/llama mix and goats!

Elijah.

Elijah TRULY is my miniature REAL LIFE COWBOY son. He would sleep in his jeans and boots if I let him!

Zechariah.

Obadiah.

Love, Love, LOVE this pic. My Elijah!

 
 Family Reunion:
Our Family with YiaYia and GREAT-Grandma Pat.

 
 COUSIN TIME:
11 out of 15 cousins together. Ages 5 and under. My children, my sister Jen and Megan's too!

 
 Church Time!
I find Sunday mornings are a GREAT time to take memorable photos as the children are dressed nice and in a quiet mood.

 


 Vacation Bible School:
With some help I was blessed and able to make 52 bonnets for the girls attending VBS.
We wont disclose which of my sons HAD to model the bonnet, hehe.
 
On Friday night of Camp Meeting the VBS group sings. This year the THEME was "Hold the Fort". Civil War emphasis.
(Josiah in orange polo, Elijah in green polo.)
 
 




 65th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY PARTY:

On our way into the Nursing Home to celebrate GREAT Grandpa Gus and Granny Vera's special DAY!


GREAT Granny Vera meeting Lydia for the 1st time.
 
 

65 years of Marriage...wow, what a BLESSED THOUGHT.
 
 
 
 Lydia (9wks.old):
My brother is in the Army and will be coming home in a week from Afganistan. He's been there the last 9 months. Praise GOD for his protection and care. We LOVE Uncle James!
 
 
 Bapa's 60th Birthday Surprise:

Well, Dad LOVES farming and tractors SO between my 2 sisters and I we made all of the children (15 of them) John Deere dresses and T-shirts with matching hair accessories. Then we ALL got together at my house and used my shed as our barn backdrop and took photos. Then we had a 11x14 canvas made as his gift. IT CAME OUT BEAUTIFUL and he LOVED it.
These are Hannah's 7 children, Jen's 3 girls and my 5 kiddos!

For his party we went bowling. My kids have never been bowling so it was a FUN experience for them. Josiah is pictured above.

Alaina and Abigail.

Zechariah, Gabriel and Josiah making silly faces. BOYS.

 
 BIG/little:
Zechariah, Josiah, Obadiah, Elijah and Lydia.
 
 
 
 
 1st GRADE:
My oldest and youngest. I made Lydia an apple hat just for the special day and time of year. You also can see that Josiah lost his 1st baby tooth this summer too! Another milestone! MY BIG BOY!

Josiah was VERY excited to be heading back to school.

All ready to go...we freshened up his haircut the night before. I cant believe how time fly's.

7:30 am heading into our church and to his classroom...

Josiah and Paul----1st Graders!

Josiah.

Lydia- 11wks.old
"The apple of our eye"





Praise the LORD for our wonderful LIFE.










 

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, Lydia looks so different from the boys. She is cute!!! :) You guys look like you are keeping busy as always...we will have to take a minute to pause and say hello sometime. :) Love ya all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the pics. Hugs and kisses love yiayia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tomato-basil chix recipe looks yummy! You need to send me the recipe. I have basil coming out of my ears. Lydia's apple hat is precious!

    ReplyDelete