Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random Current Events

     I decided to include the boys in on repairing some of the minor little disasters they have made. It was a good time of teaching...learning not to do that again(I hope) and just plain good memories!
     The first spot hit was the breakfast stools. Elijah has a favorite pastime of removing the screws under the seat! I'm not even sure how he knew they were there! I always catch him in the act and confiscate the goods! As I would be scared silly if the baby crawled along and found a screw and washer to nibble on!! So, I took Elijah to my tool drawer and showed him what an allen wrench was. Gave him one and found mine. We turned over the stool and tightened down the loose ones and replaced the ones removed. He loved it! His twisted up face was intensely concentrated on doing what mommy had just done. Love it!
     Next area of concern was a little bigger job. The basement door knob had went flying into the wall more than once....leaving a hole in the opposite wall. I applied a metal mesh patch and applied a layer of drywall filler. After it dried I had the children take turns sanding it down and smoothing it out. My niece Abigail was over that day so she got to join in as well. I had to brake up a few scawbbles over who's turn it was to sand.... patience learned too! I learned that I need to buy a door stopper!! Lol!





Abigail sanding with Josiah impatiently waiting for his turn...

Elijah examining the block sander....(btw, this was before his haircut)


     Also this week I have been very busy with my other occupation as a Beautician. I colored and cut my sister Megans hair, went to a Nursing home and cut my Pastor's hair and trimmed his beard, cut Michael's grandmothers hair(Grandma Pat), Gave all 3 of my boys haircuts(Elijah needed it bad!) Zech looks grown up with his! One more to go on Wednesday for another church member. I am glad I learned my trade..it is enjoyable and rewarding to help others!

Grandma Pat's Haircut


     Lastly I wanted everyone to see our little mouse! Josiah and Elijah have been into playdoh alot this last week. We use cookie cutters to make shapes....and learn how to make spaghetti! Yummy! I showed Josiah how to make animals next....so much fun...who knows what we will create next!



Mouse creation with his "cheese"


No comments:

Post a Comment