Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Our Church Flowers...

I am blessed to be able to make...create...and help decorate our church sanctuary. It is very rewarding to imagine a theme and or floral arrangements and then to design them! Mrs. Joanne Rood is the head of the ministry. Myself, my sister Jennifer and friend Tanya get together and we spend hours decorating for Christmas...New Years...special Conferences...Flag Day....you name it...we put together themes and arrangements to fit the mood of the event. I thought I would post from time to time what we've done...I really love being able to be apart of this ministry. 
  

Rose arrangement done in Feb.

Lilac arrangements done for April
I just did the lilac arrangements last week....they came out very nice! My Pastor likes taller and larger bouquets....so I try and accomodate his preference. These particular arrangements will be displayed on white ceramic pillars and put on either side of platform. The larger (middle bouquet) will go directly in front of the pulpit. The Lords house is worth putting the work into...it makes it cozy and pleasant to the eye for all to see as they come to worship...Thank you Lord for a place to meet and serve you in!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo...very pretty! I am NOT crafty at all and have always admired your talent when it comes to stuff like this! Good job!:)

    ReplyDelete